Utility Skills are useful for keeping the party equipped, happy, well fed and in general help the party to function as a whole.
The Utility Skills are the skills used when you are at a campsite. These skills are used to guard the camp, keep your party well equipped, scout the area for resources or game and other tasks. While visiting any camp site, the party can also use the support skills healing to cure injured hirdmen and witchcraft to produce medicine, which requires herbs.
- Armoursmithing (4 ranks)- Skill to craft armour and helmets during camp
- Crafting (5 ranks) - The skill to craft weapons (including shields) during camp
- Artisan (3 ranks) - Skill to add special abilities to the items made by crafting and armoursmithing
- Constitution (1 rank) - Halves the risk to deteriorate after being injured
- Cooking (5 ranks) - Gives the party a chance to get bonuses when camping
- Diplomacy (5 ranks) - Unlocks special dialogue options
- Guarding (5 ranks) - Increases security when camping
- Heavy sleeper (1 rank) - The ability to become fully rested in 1 shift during camping
- Hunting (5 ranks) - The skill of bringing meat back to during camp
- Preserving (5 ranks) - Meat brought back to the camp must be preserved into rations to prevent it from spoiling
- Repairing (5 ranks) - The skill to repair damaged equipment and to improve recycling gains when recycling items.
- Scouting (5 ranks) - Ability to find useful things when camping
- Tinkering (5 ranks) - Skill that allows you to create items from minor resources which can only be used during combat.
The crafting skill and the tinkering skill are explained in greater detail on their own page.
In the table below, you can find in detail what the effects are per rank when you invest in a rank of an utility skills and how much skill points it cost per rank and in total for each skill.
|Skill||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3||Rank 4||Rank 5|
|Armour-smithing||Tier 1 armor||Tier 2 armor||Tier 3 armor||Tier 4 armor||Does not apply.|
|Total: 44 SP||8 SP||10 SP||12 SP||14 SP|
|Artisan||50%||75%||100%||Does not apply.|
|Total: 21 SP||6 SP||6 SP||9 SP|
|Crafting||Tier 1 weapons||Tier 2 weapons||Tier 3 weapons||Tier 4 weapons||Tier 5 weapons|
|Total: 50 SP||6 SP||8 SP||10 SP||12 SP||14 SP|
|Constitution||Halves deteriotation risk of wounds||Does not apply.|
|Cooking||10% well fed, 10% chance you gain 1 ration.||20% well fed, 10% chance you gain 2 rations.||30% well fed, 10% chance you gain 3 rations.||40% well fed, 10% chance you gain 4 rations.||50% well fed, 10% chance you gain 5 rations.|
|Total:||1 SP||6 SP|
|Diplomacy||You gain access to additional conversation options as you upgrade this skill.|
|Total: 45 SP.||3 SP||6 SP||9 SP||12 SP||15 SP|
|Guarding||22% guarding||44% guarding||64% guarding||84% guarding||95% guarding|
|Heavy Sleeper||Only one shift needed to fully restore stamina of a character with this skill.|
|Hunting||Bring back 2-3 meat||Bring back 3-5 meat.||Bring back 5-6 meat.||Bring back 6-8 meat.||Bring back 8-9 meat.|
|Total:||2 SP||4 SP||6 SP||8 SP|
|Preserving||Preserve 1 meat.||Preserve 2 meat.||Preserve 3 meat.||Preserve 4 meat.||Preserve 5 meat.|
|Total: 21||1 SP||2 SP||4 SP||6 SP||8 SP|
|Repairing||Character can repair items, 10% more from recycling.||10% less resources repairing, 20% more from recycling.||20% less resources repairing, 30% more from recycling.||30% less resources repairing, 40% more from recycling.||40% less resources repairing, 50% more from recycling.|
|Total:||2 SP||8 SP|
|Scouting||22% chance||44% chance||64% chance||84% chance||95% chance|
|Total:||2 SP||4 SP|
|Tinkering||Rank 1 items||Rank 2 items||Rank 3 items||Rank 4 items||Rank 5 items|
|Total:||4 SP||6 SP?||8 SP?||10 SP|