Orkneyjar, or currently known as Orkney, is an island chain or archipelago north of the British Isle. Since you only visit one island of the many and only see a part of it, it is not known which island it is. After completing Parsley Sage Rosemary Thyme, this area is added to the world map and it can only be reached by boat. Upon visiting the island the first time, you will be greeted by Steinn the Clever shortly after you land on the beach.
Power and prosperity
After completing Lord of Seals, this island is unofficially yours. While you can't upgrade it like your homestead, your power does affect which NPC's appear on the island and improves a few buildings.
The following NPC's will come to Orkneyjar:
- Cuthrad and his two partner will come if you invite them after Debt Collectors. This will improve prosperity by three points.
- The merchant Lutrin mac Draususa will arrive when some progress is made in Picts storyline.
- Merchant Edgar Heardredessunu will arrive when some progress is made in Northumbria storyline.
- Hedinvi Hedinsdottir will appear when you reach 76 power.
- The cult from Ghosts of the Empire can be invited to Orkneyjar.
- Skallagrim and his warriors will travel to the island for Ravaging of the Wretched Heathens.
- The two freed vikings from Just Deserts may be invited to this island as well.
- The man from Ashes to Ashes will come to the island when 75 power is obtained.
- Hlifoy Joarsdottir will come to the island and runs a smithy, but the conditions for her appearance aren't known precisely.
- Lord of Seals
- Ravaging of the Wretched Heathens
- Lost And Found
- No Escape
- Unmarked quest. You can find a shovel near one of the buildings, which then added to your inventory as a quest item. West on the island, you can find a spot where you can use the shovel to get the axe Shieldmulcher, which deals 10% more damage against shields.
From Orkneyjar, it takes:
- 11 hours to travel to the Flooded Cave.
- 33 hours to travel to Lindisfarne.
- 48 hours to travel to Scarborough.
- 61 hours to travel to Eoforwic (York).
- 67 hours to travel to Avalon.