- Armor balm can be used to bestow a health regeneration effect to the armour of five hitpoints per turn.
- Armour oil can be used to improve movement by one and to lower the movement penalty by one point.
- adding Armour padding to the armour grants immunity to poison.
- Armour webbing gives the wearer a third utility slot.
- Hardened leather makes the wearer immune to the status effect fire.
The amount of schematics needed to apply the effect increases by 1 with every rank. Cloth armour requires only one schematics, while the highest tier of armour, chain mail, requires four schematics for an effect.
How to acquireEdit
Since all armoursmithing schematics can't be bought at stores or be created by any means, you can only acquire them by looting containers in areas and few times by completing specific quests.
- 2 balms in a crate near the altar in the Aberlemno Kirk.
- 1 balm in the pockets of a human corpse found east in Skjern Forest.
- 1 balm in a small chest in Ribe. The chest can be found close to the centre of the southern edge of the area.
- 1 balm in the central area of the Marsh.
- 2 balms can be found in a small chest near the church in Eoforwic (York).
- 2 armour balms can be found inside a small chest behind the hut of Uallach in Perth.
- 3 balms can be found in the druid's cave in the Ravine area near Myrdinn's bed inside a small cheston top of a ledge. After the battle against the villagers, it can be taken freely.
- 2 balms in a wooden box northeast in the Donncoirce Homestead.
- 3 balms in a small chest west of the area, near the abandoned tent in the Swamp.
- 1 balm inside a wooden crate in the middle of the Fishing Village.
- 3 balms inside the room that requires a strength check in Lindisfarne.
- In the Marsh, you can find 1 armour oil on a corpse near the waymarker southwest in the area.
- In Ribe, there's 1 oil in a large chest located east of jarl Ragnhildr's longhouse.
- In Ribe, you can find 1 armour oil in the large chest in Ingimarr's longhouse after One Last Drink is finished.
- In Scarborough, you can find 2 doses of armour oil inside a barrel in the camp of the marooned merchants.
- In Eoforwic, you can find 3 doses of armour oil inside a crate near some sheds with a lot of containers east in the area. You can find a hound near the shed with the containers.
- In Perth you can find 1 bottle of oil near a wooden crate in a shed close to the pier. A merchant stands left from the shed.
- You can loot 2 doses of oil from one of the guards inside Conall's tent during Mac Taidg Must Die.
- In Orkneyjar, you can find 1 oil inside a trash pile in the northern area.
- You can find 1 armour oil inside a small chest in the tent of Tondwine in the Roadside Camp.
- 1 oil can be found inside the wooden crate in the camp of a large group in the Swamp related to the quest Roman Key.
- In Dun Phris, you can find 3 oils in the chest near the river with a corpse nearby.
- 3 doses of oil can be found on an armour stand inside the cave of the Mountain Area.
- On Erlingr's Farm, you can find 1 bundle of armour padding in a crate nearby a cart northeast in the area.
- You can find 1 armour padding on a broken cart south in Skjern Forest.
- In Ribe, you can find 1 armour padding inside a crate. It is located southwest of the Halfdansons Home.
- In Scarborough, you can find 2 armour padding behind the house of the major Maucolyn. The armour padding is inside a wooden crate on top of a pile of wooden crates.
- In Eoforwic (York), you can find 1 armour padding in a crate next to the harbourmaster (requires stealing).
- In Perth, you can find 3 armour paddings on the armour stand next to the smith (requires stealing).
- In Yngilwood, you can find a small chest north, close to the cross, which contains some valuables and 2 armour paddings.
- You can find 2 paddings in the Ravine area in a wooden box near the stake in the homestead.
- In Dun Phris, you can find 2 paddings in the chest near the river with a corpse nearby.
- You can find 1 armour padding in a wooden crate adjacent to the hut of Steinn the Clever on Orkneyjar.
- You can find 2 paddings on the beach of the Fishing Village.
- 2 paddings can be found inside a small chest near the entrance to the cave of the Mountain Area.
- You gain 3 armour webbings for completing The Old Man and the Marsh quest.
- 2 webbings can be found near the ruined house on the beach of Scarborough.
- In Eoforwic (York), you can find 2 webbings on the armour stand next to the smith (requires stealing).
- 2 sets of webbing can be found inside a small chest near a house in Perth south of the area. The man from Lady Favours stands in front of it.
- In Orkneyjar, you can find 2 armour webbings inside a crate in the southern area.
- In Orkneyjar, you can find 1 armour webbing inside a trash pile in the northern area.
- Near the Great Oak in Yngilwood, you can find a small chest with 2 webbings.
- 2 webbings can be found in the sewers of Legacaestir (Chester) where the doubters of the quest Time-Out are held as prisoners.
- 2 sets of webbing can be found inside a large chest in the Raider Camp. The chest is in the unguarded camp.
- 2 pieces of webbing can be found inside a small chest close to the western waymarker in Hadrian's Wall.
- You can find 1 hardened leather at Erlingr's Farm, in the south-east area.
- In northeastern part of Ribe, on the northern edge, you can find a crate with 1 hardened leather.
- In the Marsh, you can find 1 hardened leather on a corpse near the waymarker southwest in the area.
- In Scarborough you can find 2 pieces of leather inside a large chest near the standing stone.
- In a large chest on the wall behind the king's hall in Eoforwic (York), you can find 2 pieces of hardened leather.
- In Perth, you can find 2 leathers inside a chest in the northern area, behind Suthen (requires stealing).
- In Orkneyjar, you can find 3 leathers in a large chest inside Steinn's house.
- In Lindisfarne, you can find 1 leather inside a chest next to the bishop.
- You can find 2 hardened leathers inside a small chest on Mac Domnaill's Farm east in the area. You can find some herbs nearby the chest.
- 2 hardened leathers can be found on the armourstand behind Gaius Aelius in Legacaestir (Chester).
- 3 pieces of hardened leather can be found on an armour stand close to the eastern waymarker in Hadrian's Wall.